Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing Twenty Three

Well I never thought I'd get here. Some of this has been really interesting and some sites have been very repetitive.
I thoroughly enjoyed Imaging, Flickr, del.icio.us, Library 2.0, iGoogle (I love my Google Homepage), The Google Products, Morning Coffee.
I didn't enjoy the video bits, the Reader (overwhelming), Firefox (I like Google), LibraryThing, YouTube ( nice to visit but a bit overwhelming)
There are several sites the Library could utilise to improve it's service. Library 2.0 allows you to be in contact with Libraries around the world. A Blog aimed at 15 to 19 year olds could be good. I have no idea how you would go about incorporating these sites into the Library but can see value in them.
I found I liked playing with the Blog, during this activity, but feel very wary of continuing it on a more personal level. I will continue to use iGoogle because I like the layout and has several Gadgets that appealed to me. I guess its similar to The Reader site but not as overwhelming.
If this type of activity came up again I would be interested because I have enjoyed learning new technology. This is what working in a Library is all about - keeping up with advancementss in the industry so long as they don't put me out of a job.

No comments: